Thursday, April 23, 2009

Change the World 2009 Benefit for Malaria No More Co-Host







Tonight I co-hosted the "Change the World" benefit for "Malaria No More" at the Hopkins High School with Fox 9 anchor Jason Matheson. Christina Koskinen was the brain child behind this benefit for Brooke's Bandwagon and "Malaria No More". The number one killer of African Children. Jason was such a pleasure to work with--a kind soul with a killer sense of humor!

Tonight we introduced a diverse group of talented kids from Minnesota, ranging from a 14 year old singer/dancer/performer Paige Huschka, to hip hop dancers Free 2 Dance ,The Prairie School of Dance, 625 Beat Street and The Fire Dance Team.In addition, "The Seeker" sang a song from his album, and the Ultimate winners were Reike Hall, taking 2nd place and the very athletic co-ed Dance Team, Dance Exchange who did a gymnastic dance routine that was spectacular!

Judging was Miss Twin Cities 2009, Brooke Kilgarriff, Miss Teen International 2008 Meghan Herickhoff, Dancer Alison Holker, featured in High Shchool Musical Movies and a finalist on "So you think you can dance", Justin Stein, Radio Disney Pop Star, Karla Holt, from KARE 11 News, and Paris Bennett, American Idol Finalist and Pop Star.

Tibbe Luell, Mrs. Washington County 2009 was kind enough to volunteer her time to help me obtain signatures on my MENC petition during this event. Thank you Tibbe!!
I received several compliments on my Claire's Collection Blue Gown from the Pageant Shop! Thank you Sarah---it's on sale girls!

I met so many wonderful people at this event, Including 2 girls who told me they had heard of me from their babysitter, Hannah Bott, who used to take care of Chloe when she was just a baby! (We call her Hannah Montana) Here's a picture of me with them.

No comments:

Best in Evening Gown

Best in Evening Gown

Bessie crowning me

Bessie crowning me

The Top 5

The Top 5

The final moments with Ann Marie and I

The final moments with Ann Marie and I

My husband Corrado and I

My husband Corrado and I

My husband is proud of me

My husband is proud of me

Winners with Judges

Winners with Judges

Director, Faith Schway

Director, Faith Schway

Holly with Me & Lauren

Holly with Me & Lauren

We're off to Nationals!!

We're off to Nationals!!

My husband Corrado

My husband Corrado

Me & the Former Mrs Minnesota's!!

Me & the Former Mrs Minnesota's!!

My Mom & I

My Mom & I

Rehearsal with all contestants